Description:
An oatmeal cookie recipe I've adapted for the taste of my family - my dad likes cinnamon, I like chocolate chips. Parents like raisins, I don't. But I noticed if I plump them up and chop them finely, I can take the raisins.
Ingredients:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker oats (quick-cooking)
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup raisins, plumped* and finely chopped
½ cup chocolate chips
* To plump the raisins, I pour boiling water over the raisins and let them soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and oats. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla to it and beat well. Add the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing well. Finally add the raisins and chocolate chips and stir everything together.
On a non-greased cookie sheet drop the dough by the tablespoon. Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
No comments:
Post a Comment